County Wicklow Community Partnership CLG (CWP) is a Local Development Company that delivers a range of social inclusion, enterprise, employment and community development programmes for individuals and communities in County Wicklow.
County Wicklow Partnership is the current awardee of a tender to host, support and line manage a Development Worker on behalf of the East Coast Regional Drug and Alcohol Taskforce (ECRDATF).
The Development Worker will play a pivotal role in supporting the ECRDATF fulfilling the aims and objectives as outlined in its current and future Strategic Plans and in line with the actions identified in the National Drugs Strategy (Reducing Harm Supporting Recovery 2017-2025). A comprehensive work plan will be developed by the Development Worker in collaboration with the supervisory working group comprised of a representative(s) from ECRDATF and CWP.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3rd level qualification in related work such as Addiction Studies, Community Development, Health Promotion/Education, Health and Social Care, or similar (minimum level 7 on the National Framework).
- At least 5 years’ experience in Community Sector Project Work voluntary or paid;
- Proven track record in facilitation of social inclusion target groups;
- Experience in writing clear and precise reports;
- Experience of working with persons with problematic drug use in a community setting
- An in-depth understanding of social inclusion theory and practice:
- The proven ability to carry out a community needs analysis;
The Development Worker will be employed in a full time capacity (35 hours per week) until period ending December 2021 with a role and funding review to take place and the potential for a three-year contract thereafter, funding dependant. Initially the funding for this position will be co-funded by the ECRDATF and the SICAP programme in CWP with the intention that funding will be secured for the full-time position by the ECRDATF thereafter. The successful candidate is required to serve a probationary six-month period. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Short-listing of candidates may apply. A panel may be formed from which future positions may be filled.
Applications by post only to:
Kay O’ Connor, ‘Private & Confidential ECRDATF Development Worker’, County Wicklow Community Partnership, 3RD Floor, Avoca River House, Arklow, Co. Wicklow. Closing date for receipt of CV and Cover Letter is 5 p.m. on Tuesday, 13th July 2021.
For a full job description please click here to download: