Activity, Adventure or Outdoor Tourism is about providing a diverse range of activities for tourists to engage in. It is growing at a rate of 20% per annum in Ireland. The natural land and sea resources in Wicklow make it an ideal location for tourists to undertake activities.
This course is designed to help existing or new businesses incorporate activities into their tourism product. It is active and practical and allows participants to experience and explore a range of activities to integrate into their business. It also looks and health & safety, first aid and environmental responsibilities. Business planning, packaging and marketing will also be covered.
Participants will receive mentoring and advice on how to build activities into their business and where necessary, where to get further activity training.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone in the tourism business wishing to add activities to their current Product offering or those with an idea to start a new tourism venture which includes activities
This course aims to:
- Introduce participants to a range of land and water based activities
- Provide ideas for entertaining groups of all ages in the outdoors
- Show how to prepare for group activities
- Provide details of health and safety requirements and accredited training in First Aid
- Mentor and advise on equipment, further training and regulatory requirements
- Mentor and advise on business planning, packaging and marketing
Further details on this programme will be available in mid August 2012.
If you are interested in this programme, please complete the expression of interest in Training form.