Post: Rural Development Officer (Maternity Leave Cover)
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Overall purpose of the job: The Rural Development Officer will work on the implementation of the Local Development Strategy for the delivery of the LEADER / Rural Development Programme 2014 – 2020 (RDP) in County Wicklow.
- Inform, advise and assist communities and issue groups to avail of opportunities for development through RDP funding and in accordance with the Local Development Strategy for the programme.
- Inform, advise and assist private individuals to establish or expand businesses in rural areas through RDP funding and in accordance with the Local Development Strategy for the programme.
- Provide advice and support to members of community organisations and small business relating to skills development for project planning and development.
- Assess project applications to the Rural Development Programme 2014 – 2020 and prepare written project reports on same.
- Present projects to the Evaluation Committee and ensure that all information required on the projects is prepared for those meetings.
- Prepare project files for LEADER ICT system audit
- Present projects to the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) and ensure that all information required on the projects is prepared for those meetings.
- Take responsibility for administration attached to all stages of project funding – from application to approval to payment and any post payment follow-up.
- Ensure all project files are in full compliance with RDP operating rules, Department circulars and company procedures.
- Upload information to the RDP IT system and generate reports
- Collect and monitor information on individual project performance indicators.
- Monitor and review project compliance with grant contract terms and conditions.
- Liaise with Department Officials in relation to specific project queries and work with the RDP Project Team in formulating responses to Department requests for information.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the LEADER / RDP Programme Strategy.
- Assist in the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the programme and in the preparation of an Annual Report and Annual Implementation Plan for the LEADER / Rural Development Programme.
- Share responsibility with other company staff for promotion of the RDP by a variety of means and in various local and national media.
- Organise, participate in and present at Company led initiatives and at external events where required.
- Represent the company on local or county committees and attend meetings, trade fairs or other events on behalf of the company as requested by the CEO
- Identify opportunities for cross collaboration with other company programmes.
- Contribute to the development of any programme or company policies and procedures relevant to the work
- Participate in training pertinent to the post and company
- Complement activities of other staff and work as part of the overall company staff team.
- Participate in RDP team meetings and lead out on team initiatives where appropriate
- Report to the CEO on all matters relating to the work of the company and provide weekly and monthly reports to the CEO or Administrators as required.
Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time by the CEO in pursuance of the specific aims and objectives of the organisation.
PERSONAL SPECIFICATION FOR THE POST OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- A Diploma / Degree in a relevant discipline
- Training relevant to the post.
- Willing to engage in further training / professional development
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least three years rural development experience
- A proven track record of working with enterprise development and social enterprise
- A good understanding of rural development and the issues facing rural dwellers
- A proven track record of adopting a strategic approach to local development
- Knowledge of the policy context of the RDP
- Experience of working with state bodies
- Familiarity with the local development infrastructure in Co. Wicklow is desirable
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of Enterprise Development, Social Inclusion and Rural Environment is desirable
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Presentation Skills
- Organisational skills
- Administration skills
- Networking / liaison / interpersonal skills
- Facilitation, training and consultation skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong IT capabilities
- Project Management skills
- Strategic planning / business planning
- Managing time / deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Professional, dynamic, enthusiastic, flexible, approachable, team oriented and consultative
- Positive attitude
- A self starter able to work on their own initiative
- Commitment to rural development, social inclusion and environment
- Use of a car for work and a full clean driver’s licence
- Willing to work outside normal office hours as required
RD Officer Ad (Maternity Leave) 2018 Activelink