County Wicklow Community Partnership CLG (CWP) is a Local Development Company that delivers a range of social inclusion, enterprise, employment and community development programmes for individuals and communities in County Wicklow.
County Wicklow Partnership is the current awardee of a tender to host, support and line manage a Development Worker on behalf of the East Coast Regional Drug and Alcohol Taskforce (ECRDATF).
The Development Worker will play a pivotal role in supporting the ECRDATF fulfilling the aims and objectives as outlined in its current and future Strategic Plans and in line with the actions identified in the National Drugs Strategy (Reducing Harm Supporting Recovery 2017-2025).
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant third level qualification in Community development, addiction studies or a related discipline. (minimum NQF level 7)
- At least 3 years’ experience in Community Development Work or similar role.
- Excellent facilitation, presentation and organisational skills.
- Experience in writing clear and precise reports;
- An in-depth understanding of social inclusion and its application through community development principles and practice:
- The proven ability to carry out a community needs analysis;
- Be highly motivated, with the ability to work independently in a team setting
- Identify initiatives, and support communities/groups to manage and progress them
The Development Worker will be employed in a full time capacity (35 hours per week) for an initial six month period with a role and funding review to take place and the potential for a longer term contract thereafter, funding dependant. Garda Vetting and referencing checks will be required before employment commences. The successful candidate is required to serve a probationary six-month period. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Short-listing of candidates may apply. A panel may be formed from which future positions may be filled.
Job description can be found here:
Applications by post only to:
County Wicklow Community Partnership CLG, 3RD Floor, Avoca River House, Arklow, Co. Wicklow and marked ‘Private & Confidential ECRDATF Development Worker’.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5pm on Friday 17th June 2022.