County Wicklow Partnership Role Profile
|Role Title||Programme Co-ordinator|
|Reporting To:||Chief Executive Officer|
|To line manage the delivery of the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2022 for the Municipal Districts of Arklow, Baltinglass and Wicklow in County Wicklow. The workload will include the line management of the County Wicklow Partnership (CWP) SICAP Team as well as direct delivery of specific key community development actions under the supporting communities goal of SICAP 2018-2022.|
As a member of the CWP Central Co-ordination Team, the post-holder is expected to have direct input across the range of CWP activities. Specific additional responsibilities may be allocated as well as, or instead of, the duties outlined below. Key management responsibilities are:
· Strategic Input – Contributes to the strategic direction of SICAP 2018-2022 as well as the company on an ongoing basis and contributes as part of the central co-ordination team. She/he will represent the organisation on relevant Forums and Networks to further these aims.
· Team/Staff Management – Provides supervision to SICAP Team
· Programme Management – Co-ordinates the effective and efficient delivery of SICAP 2018-2022, ensuring that there is full compliance with the terms of the funding contract.
· Administration – Oversees and Develops an administration system that meets the requirements of the Board and Funding Agencies.
· Reporting – Submits management reports on programme activities, costs and outcomes, to CEO and/or Board/Sub committees and to funding agencies as required.
· Budgeting – In conjunction with the CEO and the Head of Finance & Administration prepare and monitor the spend of the SICAP budget on an ongoing basis.
· Programme Evaluation – Based on the objectives of the company and SICAP 2018-2022 Strategic Plan, ensure that the programme is evaluated against identified needs and programme criteria.
· Co-operation with other programmes within CWP – Ensure a focus on close collaboration with other programmes delivered by CWP in order to facilitate the needs of clients/communities as well as the objective/mission of the company.
· Developing awareness/Outreach – Meets with interested individuals and groups/communities to provide information on the variety of activities which are suitable for support under SICAP 2018-2022.
· Represent CWP at meetings and events where information about SICAP is disseminated.
DIRECT IMPLEMENATION OF ACTIONS
· Direct Action Delivery – be directly involved in the development and implementation of actions under each of the SICAP programme goals & caseload.
· Caseload -To manage the supports provided to a caseload of clients and groups.
· Client participation -To motivate participation by individuals and community groups through building strong working relationships and provision of up-skilling/training opportunities and general one to one mentoring support.
· Project Files -To oversee the maintainence of project files and the entering of supports on the IRIS system by the SICAP Monitoring & Evaluation Officer.
.The post-holder is expected to be flexible in the performance of his/her duties. The above duties is not exhaustive and may be reviewed by the CEO at any time.
|· Reports to the CEO, with most interaction being on strategic, team work planning and budgeting matters.
· Has day to day management responsibility of the CWP SICAP Team.
· Interacts regularly with other members of the CWP Central Co-ordination Team (which includes the CEO and Head of Finance & Administration) on strategic planning and day to day programme and organisation management issues.
· Has regular contact with the CWP Board updating on the operational aspects of service/programme delivery
· Provide reports to the appropriate sub-committee(s) of Wicklow Local community Development Committee (LCDC) which is the contracting body.
· Frequent liaison with the various funding agencies, clients, potential clients, community groups and members of the public.
|Knowledge & Skills|
· A recognised third level qualification in community development, and at least two of the following fields:
– rural development,
– social inclusion,
– management or related field
· A minimum of four years paid employment experience in management and preferably in the management of government funded programmes
· Experience of managing and supervising staff in a multi-disciplinary environment
· Experience of project management, planning, implementation and evaluation
· Experience in tendering and procurement
· Experience of ensuring that projects/programmes meet the terms of the funding contracts
· Experience of engaging, developing and implementing initiatives with hard to reach communities
· Experience of working directly with SICAP target group individuals and communities
· Knowledge and experience of SICAP and the Integrated Reporting Information System (IRIS) and/ or other excel based reporting systems
The following core competencies are necessary in order to effectively carry out the role:
· Ability to lead, motivate and manage staff to ensure that the team contributes fully to the organisation’s goals
· Coaches, mentors and supports staff to enable them to reach challenging standards
· Ability to work effectively and co-operatively with others, establishes and maintains good working and interpersonal relationships
· Creates a climate of team-working
· High level of report writing skills.
· Ability to plan, implement and evaluate work programmes
Ability to effectively carry out community, target group and client needs analysis
· Focuses on and produces results, prioritises objectives and schedules work to make best use of time and resources
· Takes a leading role in initiating actions, anticipates problems or difficulties and thinks creatively to devise solutions
· Actively contributes to the development and implementation of the Company’s strategies, plans and objectives
· Understands the National/Local policy context of the work, forecasts likely reactions of others and plans accordingly
· Makes informed decisions or judgments based on logical processing of information, sound thinking and problem solving
· Identifies key information sources, gathers and analyses information and presents this in a coherent manner
· Demonstrates effective communication style appropriate to audience and situation from an array of skills in presentations, written and verbal communications
· Exhibits strong listening skills, can eliminate influences of culture and language to identify the other party’s core message
· Creates a positive impact and conveys confidence and credibility to others
· Listens, empathizes and responds effectively to customer needs
· Ability to directly provide outreach work to targeted individuals and communities
· Ability to engage hard to reach communities
· Development and implementation of actions directly to SICAP target groups
|This position will be based in County Wicklow Partnerships Head office in Arklow, County Wicklow. From this base, there will also be regular travel to other company offices in the County.|
|There will be a requirement, from time to time, to working outside of the standard day for meetings, events and other activities that are being delivered by the SICAP programme.|
|Terms and Conditions|
· Garda vetting will apply to this post
· Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
· An annual rolling contract will apply, initially to 31st December 2019. A six-month probation period will apply also.
Application by completion and submission of application form with a cover letter. Please mark the envelope ‘Private & Confidential Programme Co-ordinator Position’ to CEO, County Wicklow Partnership, 3rd Floor, Avoca River House, Bridgewater Centre, Arklow, Co. Wicklow. No email applications will be accepted, hard copy applications only. The closing date for receipt of applications is close of business, Wednesday, 9th May 2018.